Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Valentine Fairy Bear Booty Box


Valentines Day will be here before we know it, so it's time to get those projects for our loved ones finished.




I created this adorable booty box using the following files from My Scrap Chick.


Fairy Bear Girl Booty Box 
Triple Hearts Card Set
Be Mine Card Set
I Heart You Card Set
XO Hugs and Kisses Card Set
Rosettes Scallop Edge

FAIRY BOOTY BOX

Materials

pink, red and white  and green glitter cardstock by Colorbok
tan and pink pearlescent cardstock by Recollections
white and black glossy cardstock scraps
pink heart gems and pink round gems
inks in coordinating colors
black and white fine tip pens
adhesive and foam tape

The bear as made from tan pearlescent cardstock and the cheeks, flowers, collar and large wing was made with the pink pearlescent cardstock. The belly, flower, small wing and flower centers were made from pink glitter paper. The flower base was made from green glitter cardstock. All pieces were accented with coordinating inking around the edges. The gems were added to the collar. The finished box is about 6.5 inches tall and wide.

VALENTINE PICKS

Materials

MSC files found hereand here.
Red, pink and white glitter cardstock by Colorbok
Pearlescent pink cardstock by Recollections
Uptown Flair Glitter Stack by the Paper Studio
Pixy Stix and Peanut Butter Hearts by Palmer (I found both at Dollar Tree)
2 inch heart punch
shish kabob skewers
1/4 inch wide pink ribbon
red glitter heart picks (optional)
Double sided tape, glue
paper clips

I made each pick about 2.5 inches wide, then duplicated each one and flipped it horizontally. I then used a combination of double sided tape and glue to attach a Pixy Stix between the two layers, then held them together with paper clips while they dried.





I used the Rosettes Scallop Edge for the heart candy rosettes. I followed the PDF tutorial included with the file and made each one about 3 inches in diameter. ( You will need two strips at 1.5 inches for each rosette.) I used the heart prints from the Uptown Flair Paper Stack for the rosettes. 

I turned the rosette to the back and glued a 6 inch stick into one of the valleys, then glued a 2 inch punched heart over the hole in the center.


I added double sided tape to the stick one inch from each end, then wrapped 1/4 inch pink ribbon around the stick. I then tied a bow around the top below the rosette.


I turned the rosette over to the front.


I added several strips of double sided tape to the back of the candy heart, then attached it to the center of the rosette.


I added some floral foam to the booty box, then poked the picks into the foam. I also added two red glitter picks to the box.


I love how this Valentine Fairybear Booty Box turned out!


I hope you enjoyed my little project. Have a wonderful Valentines Day!

Shirley


1 comment:

  1. Oh my, SHIRLEY! I have to make this for my little granddaughter. Love your little Fairy Bear all in pink! Perfect for Valentines. Great instructions too, thank you.

    ReplyDelete