Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Girl Bunny Box


Hi, Easter will be here before we know it, so I have been busy making this cute little girl bunny box. 


I used Bunny Hat Box from My Scrap Chick  for my box.  I left off the bird and made my bunny from Fun Foam.

Bunny Top Hat Box: click to enlarge


MATERIALS

 Bunny Hat Box file from My Scrap Chick
White poster board
9 by 11 inch white Fun Foam
Pink Cardstock by Coredinations
Bunny printed Cardstock by DCWV
Pink glitter cardstock by Coredinations
Black and white cardstock scraps
Pink Mulberry Paper Flowers by Prima
Small pink flower gem by Jots
1 1/2 inch wide sheer pink ribbon
5/8 inch wide gathered white lace trim
Xyron, glue, glue runner
Light blue and pink ink pads
0.4 black Cricut marker
White Gelly Roll pen

I made the box slightly larger than it imports, using white poster board for the body.  I used a combination of glue and glue runner and paper clips to hold it together while it dried. I cut the face panels, muzzle and ears from Fun Foam, inked the edges, and ran them through a Xyron before attaching them. The eyes were accented with the black Cricut marker and the white Gelly Roll pen.


The outer ears were attached to the pink ears pieces.


The ear pieces were attached to the hat base one at a time. 


I lined the ears up so they matched and attached them together. ( I used clips to hold the ears together, but the clips left marks, so I would use a different method next time.)


I attached the hat brim, then using glue runner and glue I added the gathered lace around the outside edge.


I added the printed panels that were inked along the edges with pink. I folded the pink ribbon in half, wrapped it around the hat as a hat band, then tied it into a bow. I added a double layered flower with a pink flower gem in the center, just above knot of the bow.




Isn't this Bunny Box the cutest thing? I love how it turned out! 


Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think.

Shirley

4 comments:

  1. Your bunny is so super cute, Shirley! I really like the addition of the lace and flowers. It makes it so girly! :o)
    (I forgot that I'm already following your blog...but it has nothing to do with my age! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I'm so pokey about answering! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Just adore how you added all the frills and flowers. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete