Friday, April 20, 2018

Queen Bee


No automatic alt text available.

My Scrap Chick is having it's first ever Facebook Hop today and tomorrow, so be sure to stop by and check out all the great projects by the Design Team!

The theme of our hop is Spring/ gardening/ Mother's Day.

One sure sign of Spring for me is the reappearance of the honeybees. My project for the hop is a Queen Bee Belly Box and some little worker bees.


I used Bee Belly Box Trio for the box, and the bee from the card for the little bees. The bodies of the little bees are made using the carrot from Carrot Patch Box.

Bee Belly Box Trio: click to enlarge




Carrot Patch Box: click to enlarge


The belly box is 8 inches to the top of the antennas.I used yellow tagboard for the box and bees, white glitter cardstock for the wings and pink glitter cardstock (from COLORBOK) for the noses. I used black and white cardstock from Recollections for the rest. The other cardstock was from my scrap stash. I created an insert for the box that holds the little bees upright in the box. If you make your box a different size, adjust the file to be slightly smaller than the bottom of the box.





  Here is the link to the Design Space file for the box insert:  https://design.cricut.com/#/design/89077526










Check back tomorrow when I will explain how I made the little bees. Thanks for buzzing by.

Shirley



No comments:

Post a Comment