Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Thanksgiving Indians

Today is my day to share on the Digital Delights by Louby Loo Blog for "Anything Goes." I made a little teepee centerpiece using the "Thanksgiving Indian Set" which can be found here:

I created a tepee pattern in design space that looked like this:

Seven inch twigs were taped to every other crease line on the inside of the tepee. Then the tepee was formed into a cone and glued together in the back. The tepee is about 6 inches tall and the Indians are about 3 1/2 inches tall. The sentiment is about 2 inches wide.

SN Color Palette

Skin: TN2,4,5, CR1
Buckskin: TN2,6,9
Bowls: GB4,6
Moccasins/Fringe: BG4,6
Corn/Trim: CT2,4
Hair: EB5,7,8
Oranges: BO1,2
Greens: CG 2,4

This was such a fun project! Give it a try! 

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Lou Lou Halloween

Hi! Today I am sharing a card made with "DS Lou Lou Halloween" from KaDoodleBug Designs. The image is printed on a 3 by 5 inch piece of Spectrum Noir Cardstock and colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. 

The image is mounted on a 3 1/4 by 5 1/4 inch yellow mat. That is mounted on orange and purple triangular mats embossed with Halloween cricut folders. This was all mounted on a black 4 by 6 inch mat, then on a 4 1/2 by 6 1/2 inch yellow embossed mat. The finished card is 5 by 7 inches. All the papers are from Coredinations.

Color Palette

Skin: FS 2,6, TN2, PP1
Hair: OR1,2, GB7, TN9, EB4
Hat/Dress: PL4, LV3, BG10
Ghost: IB1,2, blender
Broom: RB1,2, TN1, 2, LY2
Shoes: IB1,4,8

Thanks for stopping by! ~ Shirley

Monday, October 10, 2016

Thanksgiving Pilgrims Double Display Card

Hi! Today I am sharing my Hostess Monday project for Digital Delights by Louby Loo.

For my project I made a double display card. I got the idea for my card here:

I used "Thanksgiving Pilgrims Set" and "Fall Accessories Set" for my card. I printed and cut my images out at 3 to 3 1/2 inches using design space and my cricut explore. The images were colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. Small flower punch accents were added throughout.

I made the card base from a 6 by 12 inch piece of cardstock. The cardstock was creased at 2 inches, 4 inches, 8 inches and 10 inches. Cut lines were made one inch down from the top and one inch up from the bottom. They are 4 inches long from the 1 inch mark to the 5 inch mark and from the 7 inch mark to the 11 inch mark. These strips were then creased at the beginning and the end. (at 1 inch, 5 inches, 7 inches and 11 inches)

Two 6 by 2 1/2 inch panels are attached to the front of the closed card to create the display area. The band to keep the card closed is made from a 1 1/2 by 12 inch strip of paper mounted on a 1 3/4 by 12 inch strip of cardstock. This was loosely wrapped around the card and glued together in the back. A 4 inch fence and a 2 inch sentiment were attached to this band. Small flower punch accents were added.

SN Color Palette

Pilgrims: Skin: FS1,4, TN2, PP1
                Hair: TN1,2, EB2, GB9
                Clothes: IG1,4,6
                Hat/Apron: IG1, Blender
House: Window/Chimney: IG1,4,6, blender
             Roof/frames: GB1,4,7
             Logs: TN3,5
Fence: TN3,5,9
            Flowers: CT2,4, EB1,6, YG 1,2
            Clouds: BT 1,2       

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Peeking Mice

Hi! Today is New Release Day  at Digital Delights by Louby Loo and I am sharing a card using "Peeking Mice Set" and "Berry Merry Christmas Papers."


Mice: BG 1,4,PP1,2,EB6

Candle: Bottom: DR2,3,6,7

              Top: CR7,9,11

               Flame: LY1, GB1, CT4, GB3

Holly: CR7,11,DR2, JG1,4,6

Holder: LY1,3, GB3,6

Bkgd: Cream, TN1

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, September 24, 2016

Frankenstein Kiddles

Today I am sharing a fun Halloween card I created using "Frankenstein Kiddles" from Digital Delights by Louby Loo and "Skeleton Wreath" from Cuddly Cute Designs. The background paper is from DCWV and the Boo wreath is made from glitter paper by Coredinations. The card is 7 by 7 inches.

SN Color Palette

Skin: DG2, CG2
Clothes: green- FL3,CG1,3
               orange- GB3, OR2
               purple- HB3, LV3
Eyes: TN1,5, TB1,3

I had such a good time making this card! Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 23, 2016

Fall Wreath

 Today is the start of a new Facebook challenge called "Fabulous Fall" on the KBD Challenge page. You can create  anything you like as long as it is fall themed, so grab your favorite fall files and get creative!

For my "Fabulous Fall" project I made a 12 inch fall wreath using these adorable files.


I used an 11 1/2 inch tag board ring as the base of my wreath. I cut about thirty 3 to 4 inch leaves enlarged from the files used. This was a good way to use up all my fall colored scraps of paper. The squirrels are about 5 inches tall and each acorn is about 1 1/2 inches. I made the 7 by 3 inch title in design space using Pooh font. I used three, 1 inch pieces of 1/4 inch wide ribbon to make a hangar. This was a fun, easy project.

Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to see all the great fall projects you all make!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Boiling in the Pot

Hi! today I am sharing a Halloween easel card using the Digital Delights by Louby Loo set, " Boiling in the Pot" and "Ghoulish Sentiment Set." I also used an easel card pattern from My Scrap Chick, a circle Halloween scene from Bird's Cards and a frog die from Quikutz. The patterned paper is from DCWV, the glitter cardstock is from Colorbok and the plain cardstock is from Coredinations.

SN Color Palette

Skin: FS1,4,6, PP1
Hair: HB1,2,3, BGR2, LV2
Frog: DG1,2, CG2
Bubbles & Hat: FL2,CG 1,3
Oranges: GB3, OR1,3
Kettle: BGR1, 2,4,5
Star: CT2,4

Thanks for stopping by! ~ Shirley