Sunday, January 14, 2018

Snowman Easel Match Box




Hi! Today I am sharing a cute snowman easel match box. I created this project by combining two files from My Scrap Chick, Snowman's Friend Easel Card and Sweet Nugget Matchboxes.


Snowman's Friend Easel Card: click to enlargeSweet Nugget Matchboxes: click to enlarge             

Keeping all the pieces grouped together, I started by making the easel card so it is six inches wide. I made the snowman using glitter cardstock from Coredinations. The rest of the card was made using papers from my stash. I attached the nose, hat brim and arm with foam tape to give the snowman dimension.  A snowflake and blue gem embellishment was added to the hat band. The sentiment was accented with snowflakes and also attached with foam tape. (My sentiment came from Digital Delights by Louby Loo.)




For the drawers I kept the file grouped together, then sized it so the box measured three inches across. I made two of these out of tagboard so they were sturdier. I glued the two boxes together, side by side, then wrapped them in a coordinating piece of heavy cardstock. The easel card was then attached on top of the two boxes.



I used my snowman box to gift some tea to a tea loving friend, but it would be great for any small treasures. I love how it turned out! 



Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think. 

Shirley



1 comment:

  1. Shirley, What a sweet and clever idea using the matchboxes. Love it.

    ReplyDelete