Friday, March 1, 2019

Tasty Cupcake Stacked Card


Hi! Today is New Release Day at Little Blue Button Stamps and I used "Tasty Cupcake" to make this cute stacked cupcake card.



I started by uploading the file into Design Space and saving it as both a cut file and a print then cut file. I duplicated the cut file so I had three cupcakes. Two of the cupcakes are 3.5 inches tall and the other one is slightly smaller at 3 inches. I stacked the three cupcakes with the smallest one at the top and lining them up so part of each cupcake lines up along the left edge. I selected all three cupcakes and welded them together. I duplicated this piece, then flipped one piece vertically. Two pieces were line up back to back so they line up where the two pieces meet. I selected both pieces and welded them together, then added a fold line down the middle and attached it in place.

I cut this card base from the cupcake print from the Confetti Stack by DCWV.



I next took the print then cut file and duplicated it so I had three cupcakes. I sized them to match the cupcakes on the card base, then attached them to rectangles. These were printed on the paper I  used to color the images. I then took a white piece of 8.5 by 11 white cardstock and laid it on top of the paper with the printed cupcakes. Holding it up to the light so I could see the cupcakes underneath, I then attached with tape scraps of paper that I wanted for my cupcake bottoms. I then used this paper to make a second copy of the cupcakes. 



Using my Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, I colored the bottom and top cupcakes so they had pink frosting, and the middle one with blue frosting. I added Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen to each one, then added some seed beads to each one. I cut out and glued the bottom to each one, then added a paper pieced flower (from My Scrap Chick) to the bottom two cupcakes and a cherry to the top cupcake.




I love how this stacked cupcake card turned out! 
Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear what you think.

Happy Crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment