Thursday, May 12, 2016

Flower Skunk Spare Toilet Tissue Holder

   Hi! Today I'd like to share something a little different with you.





A cute little skunk toilet tissue holder!

MATERIALS

For my tissue holder I used the following files:

CK Flower Skunk from KaDoodleBug Designs which can be found here:  
http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=766
Full Cup Treat Cup from My Scrap Chick

Cardstock/Papers: 
I made the holder and skunk bases from white heavy tagboard for stability. The mats on the holder base are Friendly Forest" from Doodlebug Design Inc. The cardstock is from my stash.

Acc./Embellishments:
2 1/2 inch yellow daisies (source unknown)
5/8 inch black with white trim decorative ribbon by Waverly
3/8 inch black and white checked ribbon by Textured Trios
6 orange gems
 Glue, tape runner, foam tape
Ink for accents on paper piecings
White gel pen (Jelly Roll)

I started by using the tagboard to cut the Full Cup Treat Cup so the bottom diameter was 5 1/2 inches. I needed the longer mat for this. I glued it together so the handle was on the inside, then glued the handle flat against the inside. The mats on the cup were cut from the "Friendly Forest" so all the stripes matched. These were glued to the sides so the stripes match. The 5/8 inch black ribbon was wrapped around the middle of the holder and glued in the front. (This seam will be hidden by the skunk.) A yellow daisy was glued to the center of each side and an orange gem was added to the center of each flower. 

The skunk was cut at 5 inches. The base layer was cut from tagboard for extra strength. I inked the pieces with coordinating inks before putting it together. When the skunk was assembled I added accents with the white gel pen. The skunk was attached to the holder with lots of foam tape.




The toilet tissue was put in a clear plastic bag and tied with the 3/8 inch checked ribbon before being put in the holder. 




This would make a perfect spare toilet tissue holder for a cottage of camper. I hope you liked my project today. I would love to know what you think. Thanks for stopping by! ~ Shirley




2 comments: