Sunday, December 3, 2017

Frosty's Top Hat




Hi! Today I am sharing a fancy snowman top hat box I made with files from My Scrap Chick.  I used Uncle Sam Hat Box for the box and Snowflake Layers for the large snowflake.

MATERIALS

Uncle Sam Hat Box and Snowflake Layers  files from My Scrap Chick
"Old World Winter" cardstock by the Paper Studio 
Glitter cardstock by Recollections
various Christmas silk florals
3/4 inch ribbon
snowflake stickers
small gems in sage and yellow
tape runner, glue and paper clips

After cutting out the pieces, I glued the main pieces together using a combination of tape runner and glue. The tape runner and paper clips hold the pieces together while the glue dries. 


The two largest octagons are used for the brim and the smaller ones are used for the boxes. 3/4 inch ribbon was added around the base of the hat. (I used 1/1/2 inch wide ribbon folded down to 3/4 inch. )
I used pieces of various floral stems to decorate the hat. I made a layered snowflake to add and also used snowflake stickers.


The inner part of the box lifts out as shown.




I love this file! You can use it for so many occasions! 

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh very nice Frosty hat Shirley! Love the paper and decor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Frosty's top hat and the valuable tips for putting this together.

    ReplyDelete