Thursday, September 6, 2018

Quart Jar Gift Wrap


Hi! Today I am sharing a Fall Gift in a Jar project using Jam Jar Candle Gift Wrap- QUART JAR for the jar wrap, and the scene from Harvest Bears for the tree and fence scene.



Harvest Bears: click to enlargeJam Jar and Candle Gift Wrap - QUART JAR: click to enlarge                                                                                                     
                                                          
    









The first step was to get a clean quart jar and lid. I then cut out a 4 inch by 2 1/2 inch oval from contact paper and adhered it to a smooth area of the jar. I made sure the oval was attached well. Then I applied three coats of acrylic orange paint to the jar and green to the lid. I removed the contact paper before the jar was totally dry and used a damp cloth to clean up any smears. When the jar was totally dry I added the cookie ingredients. I used Betty Crocker Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix and Candy Corn M&M's.



Finally, I screwed on the jar lid, tied raffia around the neck of the jar. I used the tag from the Jar Wrap file and a sentiment from Cricut for the tag. I printed the directions for making the cookies on the back of the tag.




I used papers from the Harvest House Stack from DCWV for the Jam Jar Gift Wrap. Colored cardstock was from Recollections. I used the scene  with the tree and fence for the accents on the jar wrap. I sized the file so the fence was 4 inches long. I made four fences and two trees. The trees were attached with foam dots to the two tall sides. Two fences were attached below the trees and the other two fences were attached to opposite sides of the inside box so they will show when the wrap is closed.



I added a bow from the file to the top left of one side. The following picture shows the Jam Jar Gift Wrap open.



These Jam Jar Wraps come in lots of sizes and make a beautiful presentation for so many things.

Thanks for stopping by! 

Shirley



                                       

7 comments:

  1. Shirley, This is such a cool idea! Love this! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fabulous, Shirley! I'm going to have to try that cookie mix! I don't think I've ever seen it in our stores...but I'm going to go looking for it now! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy! I was going to use a cake mix, then saw this cookie mix and decided to use that instead.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Nancy! I was going to use a cake mix, but then saw the cookie mix so used that instead.

    ReplyDelete