Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Cinderella Stand Up Card




Hi! When I saw this My Besties image I immediately thought of Cinderella, so I gave her some mice helpers from the "Sew Adorable" file from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.

To make the card base I used a 6 1/2 inch by 12 inch piece of green textured heavy cardstock. I scored the piece at 2, 4, 8 and 10 inches. I then marked a point 2 1/2 inches up from the bottom on both ends. I then made a line from this point to the top of the 4 inch score line and from the 8 inch score line to the 2 1/2 inch mark at the other side. I cut the triangular piece off from the top of each side to make the final card shape.

The center mat is 3 1/3 inches by 6 1/4 inches. I made the side mats by tracing the side panels then cutting the pieces down. I attached the mats with a tape runner then added purple gems as accents. I added the word, "Dream" to the upper left of the center mat using small Making Memories stickers.



The My Bestie image was printed on Spectrum Noir Cardstock and colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers, then fussy cut out leaving a small white border. She was added to the card with foam tape.

COLOR PALETTE

Skin: FS1, FS4, TN2 ,PP1, PP3
Hair: CT1, CT2, CT3, GB5, GB7
Dress: HB1, HB2, HB3, LV3, CG1, CG3
Ribbons: PL2, PL3, PL5
Sweater/Cape: DG2, CG2, DG3
Accents were added with glitter gel pens.



These mice were cut at 2 3/4 inches. The mouse on the thread was cut at 3 3/4 inches. They were also attached with foam tape. The thread mouse was attached with a double thickness of foam tape sohe stood in front of the girl.


Finally, I added mats to the back and added an inspirational saying.



            I hope you liked my card and thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment