Thursday, April 14, 2016

You're My Cup of Tea Easel Card





Today I'd like to share an easel card I made for the current KBD Challenge, "Black and White Tea Party." I combined two KaDoodleBug files for my card. The Panda and teacup are, "CK Teacup Panda" found here: http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=55&products_id=756
The teapot is a revised version of the teapot from Pumpkin Tea Mouse," found here:    http://kadoodlebugdesigns.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=556
The sentiment is from Cricut.


MATERIALS

Cardstock: White, black and blue
Black print cardstock: COLORBOK
Butterfly: Micheal's
Flowers: Recollections

Using the slice feature on my Cricut Explore, I sliced the mouse off the base layer of the teapot. I sized the teapot so it was 9 inches across the widest point.  I duplicated this base and sliced the top half of the teapot off, duplicated the bottom half. I took the duplicated piece, flipped it, lined it up slightly overlapping the other piece at the widest end and welded the two pieces together. 
I sized this piece so it was 8 inches at the widest point. I lined up a 6 1/2 inch circle to the bottom of the piece I just made so the two pieces overlap about 1/2 inch, and welded the pieces together. I added score lines at the base of the teapot piece and at the mid point of the teapot piece. When folded on the score lines this is the card base.

I glued the in tact teapot so the bottom half is lined up with the top portion of the base which has been folded forward. I completed the teapot and assembled the panda in the teacup. I used foam tape on some pieces to add dimension. I added a butterfly to the top of the teapot and a flower to the bottom right side. Another flower was added to the bottom  left of the teacup.



I made a 1/2 inch by 3 inch four box to attach the panda to the teapot so he is slightly in front of the teapot.

A 5 1/2 inch circle was cut from the same paper as the teapot and was added to the base circle. The sentiment was made using Print Then Cut, and is about 5 1/4 inches wide. I added a black and white polka dot mat behind it. It was attached to the base with foam tape. Another flower was added near the sentiment. 

This card is over sized, measuring 9 inches across at the widest point of the teapot. Here is a side view showing how the card was put together.


I hope you liked my card and I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment