Monday, June 20, 2016

Thanks Sew Much teepee card



Hi everyone!

Today is my first posting for Hostess Monday for Digital Delights by Louby Loo.


For my project I made a teepee card using the "Crafty Mouse Coordinating Set."

Crafty Mouse Coordinating set

MATERIALS

Plain 12 x 12 Recollections cardstock in light pink, bright pink, white, aqua and bright green.
Patterned  12 x 12 cardstock from Pixey Stix Paper Pack by the Paper Studio
Bright pink pearls by Jots
Two heart shaped buttons
Glue & double sided tape.

I used the Print Then Cut feature on my Cricut Explore to make my digital image and create my card base, but I will include directions for the card base for those who don't use an Explore.



I started with three 6 x 6 inch squares folded diagonally. I used different colors here, but they should all be the same color.


Glue the first two pieces together as shown being careful to put glue only in the areas that overlap. The blue piece below is the left piece in the above picture.


Glue the third piece so the three are lined up as shown. 


To make the mats use squares that are 5 3/4 and 5 1/2 inches cut in half diagonally. The small triangular pieces are made the same way using 2 inch squares. Glue them in place as shown. The open space in the upper left will be glued under the area in the upper right. (Or it can be velcroed closed if you want it to lie flat for mailing.)


Side and back views.



Now comes the fun part - decorating your card!
My image is 5 inches and is mounted onto a 6 3/4 inch double layered looped frame. (Mine is from Bird's Cards.) This was attached to the base with double sided tape.The sentiment was printed on a label from Cricut and is 2 1/2 inches by 1 1/2 inches. 
Bright pink pearls were added to the bottom of the base and onto the sentiment.
A heart button was added to each leg of the base.



The image was colored with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers.

COLOR PALETTE 

Mouse: BG1, BG2, BG3
Ears: PP1, PP3
Thread: PP2, PP6, EB1, EB2
Shoes: GT1, GT2, CG1, CG3
Bckgrd: PP1, PP6, CG1, GT1, BT1


 
Here is the link to the Design Space file for the card base: 

https://us.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/41091540

I think there are many more of these teepee cards in my future!

Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment