Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Easter Milk Carton Caddy


Since Easter will be here before we know it, I have been getting ready by making a cute caddy that will hold four milk cartons filled with Easter goodies.



My Scrap Chick Files Used

#10 from Caddy Essentials







Other Materials Used

Embossed Brights by Craft Smith
Chick Glitter Cardstock by DCWV
Light Pink Small Dots by Coredinations
Light Green Small Dots by Coredinations
Light Pink Stripe by Coredinations
Baby Girl Double Sided Cardstock by Cloud 9 Design
Other Cardstock by Recollections
4 one inch green paper flowers
4 one inch pink paper flowers
3/8 inch yellow floral ribbon by Reel Ribbon
"Happy Easter" stamp from Stampin Up
Tape runner, glue and foam tape

Keeping all the caddy pieces grouped together, I made two caddys, each at 11.75 inches high, using the Embossed Brights. They were attached together using glue and tape runner, paper clipping them together while they dried. I made the mat by the handle by duplicating the base then using the slice feature on my Explore to get just the back piece. I made two of these pieces and four side mats from the Chick Glitter Cardstock. The side mats were attached 3/8 inch up from the bottom. Tape runner was put on the back of the ribbon and it was wrapped around the bottom of the caddy, and the ends were glued in place.



I made two pink dotted milk cartons and two green milk cartons each sized at 10.5 inches wide.(Make sure to keep all pieces grouped together.) The striped papers were added around the tops. After the cartons were filled, I stapled the tops closed and hid the staple with a flower, attached with glue dots, on each side.

The circle tags are 1 3/4 inches in diameter. They are stamped with a Happy Easter stamp from Stampin Up. The little chick on the tag is 1 3/4 inches tall. The chicks on the caddy are about 2 1/4 inch tall by 3 1/2 inches wide. The heads of all the chicks were attached with foam tape to give dimension. The finished paper piecings were also attached to the cartons and caddy with foam tape.

The finished caddy is 5 1/2 inches square and 5 3/4 inches tall. Each milk carton is 2 1/2 inches square by 5 inches tall. The caddy is super strong and easily holds the four milk cartons filled with candy.

I love how this project turned out. My son's family has four members so I think they will be getting this sweet caddy for Easter. (If I don't break into the candy first.) Give this project a try; it was so easy and fun! Please leave a comment; I'd love to know what you think. Happy Crafting! 

3 comments:

  1. OMG! How gorgeous are these Easter projects!! I love love your beautiful bright papers! You did a fantastic job! I just purchased all MyScrapChicks files, plus more to make these. Thanks so much for sharing all the details and tips. Wish you were my neighbor :)

    http://cardsbygeyda.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Misty! I'm so happy you liked my project. I t was really fun to do! Enjoy your new files!

      Delete
  2. love this very pretty cant wait to do it

    ReplyDelete