Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Ball Gown Gladys Bow Card

Hi! Spring is here and soon it will be Prom time. Do you know someone who will be attending her first Prom? If yes, why not make her a cute bow card to celebrate the occasion?


CARD RECIPE

All DD Stamps & Products Used: Ball Gown Gladys Set, Bow Card Template

Cardstock & Papers: Floral from "Joplin" by Colorbok, Paisley is from "Bejeweled" by Colorbok, cardstock by Recollections, images printed on Spectrum Noir Cardstock from Crafter's Companion

Markers: Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers & Glitter Pen

Acc. & Embellishments: Bow Card Template from Digital Delights, Mats, butterflies and flourishes by Cricut, small aqua gems, various small silk flowers, glue runner, glue , foam tape, paper clips

Special Technique:

I made the bow card over sized at 9 3/4 inches. All the base pieces, and decorative mats were made from aqua cardstock. The top layers were made from the patterned papers. I layered the patterned pieces over their corresponding aqua pieces. When dry, I formed the bows, glued them in place, and used paper clips to hold them in place while they dried.


I put the card layers together as shown using a combination of tape runner, glue and foam tape. I used paper clips to hold it all together while everything dried.




Four flourishes and two butterflies were tucked between the layers and aqua gems were added as shown.  Five little silk flowers were added to each side of the completed image. 


The image was printed on a 3 1/2 inch circle and the sentiment was made 1 1/4 by 1 3/4 inches. Both were added to decorative mats.

Color Palette

Skin: FS2,4, TN2, PP2
Hair: CT1, LY3, CT4, GB6, 9
Gown: MG 1, 2, 3, glitter pen
Background: BT1, 2, 4


This card was so much fun to make! I love this bow card, and I'm sure I will be making more of these in the future.

If you liked my card be sure to leave me a comment. I love to hear from you!




3 comments: