Monday, April 3, 2017

Paper Egg Candy Holder


Hi! I've been having so much fun making Easter projects using the great files from My Scrap Chick! Today I am sharing two umbrella style candy holders I made using Paper Egg from My Scrap Chick.




MSC Files Used



Materials List

Pearlescent Cardstock: Watercolor Ombre from DCWV
Cardstock: Recollections
Diamond Wrap by Floral Garden 
3/8 inch fushia ribbon by Offray
Clear and yellow gems 
White paper flower
11 inch- 5/ 16 diameter dowel
Purple/white  twine
Gathered 1/2 inch white lace
2 inch ungathered white lace
Tape runner, glue, glue dots, double stick tape

For the 12 inch umbrella candy holder, keep the pieces grouped together and size it so the largest piece is 11.5 inches. I put the pieces together with a combination of tape runner and glue, then paper clipped the seams while they dried.



When the pieces are dry add the lace and Diamond Wrap as shown using a combination of tape runner, glue and glue dots.


Take your dowel rod and wrap it with double stick tape, then the ribbon.


 Use hot glue to attach the dowel to the inside of the egg halves.
    Hold the dowel vertical while the glue sets.



Use the Rosette pattern to make the base and the Daisy Garden Flowers to decorate the egg. Add other accents as shown.

                 


The smaller version is 8 inches tall. The largest piece was sized at 9 inches.


Additional  Materials Used

September Flower Borders
Clear gems
Paper Flowers
Butterfly from K & Co.
8 inch straw


I had so much fun making these and they were a lot easier to make than they look. Give one a try!

Please leave me a comment. I love hearing from you! ~ Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment