Monday, November 23, 2015

Christmas Angel Bear



I would like to thank all those who hopped with us for the KaDoodle Bug Designs Holiday Hop over the week end, and would like to welcome all the new followers of my blog. I started out trying to personally answer all the great comments that were left, but soon got overwhelmed. Please know that even though I am not able to personally answer each one, I did read them all and appreciate all your comments!

Today I am sharing a cute little Christmas decoration that features " Christmas Angel Bear" from KBD.  



MATERIALS 

candy-cane decoration ( from the dollar store)
1 1/2 inch wide Christmas ribbon
Mulberry paper in light  brown
Flocked paper in tan and brown
Gold metallic paper ( for the halo)
White vellum (for the wings)
Glossy paper in white, red and green ( for the candy-cane)
Cardstock in brown (base)& black
Stiff brush
glue gun
adhesive
Chalks

I  sized my tear bear at 6 inches. I cut the pieces for the bear body out of scrap paper and traced them onto the back side of the mulberry paper, I then went over the traced lines with a wet paintbrush and carefully hand tore around them. Set these aside to dry. When they are dry, carefully brush the pieces from the center out until you get the fuzzy effect you want. Assemble your bear and chalk the edges.

  Make an 8 inch bow with the ribbon and hot glue the bow about 1 inch below the point where the two candy-canes meet. Hot glue the bear onto the bow so the bear's paws are even with the botton of the bow. I added the holly sprig that was on the candy-cane to the bear's paws. All finished! Easy Peasy.  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! ~ Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment