I am always trying to think of new ways to use the svg patterns I already have. Today I made a Thanksgiving pumpkin card using the KaDoodleBug Designs pattern: "Charkin Cuties Got Candy Ghost." I chose a nice round pumpkin with two layers to use for my card. Here are all the materials I used for my card.
pumpkin pattern with two layers
oval tag ( I used one from Cricut)
gold pen to fit the Explore
cuttlebug embossing folder "Give a Hoot"
Darice embossing folder "Fall Leaves Swirl"
leaf patterned gold foil paper from "Harvest House Stack" by DCWV
Sturdy cardstock in orange and tan
brown Colorbox ink
4 inches of gold 1/2 inch ribbon
3/4 inch button
glue and glue dots
needle and thread
Once I imported my file into design space and deleted any parts I didn't need, I sized my pumpkin to 5 1/2 inches. I duplicated the base layer of the pumpkin, flipped it vertically and attached it to the other base piece to make the card. I added a score line where the two halves meet. I then added a sentiment on the lower half of the card. I made the leaves about 2 inches using the gold foiled paper from the DCWV stack. I added an oval cricut tag, sized it to 2 1/2 inches and wrote "Happy Thanksgiving" to be printed on it. I used Fontastic Fonts for all my printing. Your cricut screen will look something like this.
After my shapes were cut I ran only the front of the card through the cuttlebug using the "Fall Leaves Swirl" embossing folder. I ran the top layer of the pumpkin through the Cuttlebug using the branch folder from "Give a Hoot." I then inked the edges of all the pieces with brown ink and ran the inkpad lightly over the embossing of the pumpkin pieces. I attached the top layer of the pumpkin to the base layer using foam tape to give the card some added dimension..
Next I wound the rafia around my hand several times and secured it in the middle using the needle and thread. Using the same needle and thread, I attached the button and a 4 inch piece of gold ribbon folded on half for the stem. I attached this to the top of the card with glue dots. Finally, I glued the tag next to the button, and tucked the leaves in around the button and tag.