Friday, October 12, 2018

It's Pumpkin Time



HI!
It's pumpkin time!


Today I am sharing a pair of pumpkin boxes made with the My Scrap Chick file Fall Pumpkin Box.

Fall Pumpkin Box: click to enlarge


Materials

Fall Pumpkin Box file by My Scrap Chick
Patterned cardstock from "Old World Stack" by DCWV
brown cardstock by recollections
green lanyard
green and orange twine from Dollar Tree
dark orange leaf ribbon from Dollar Tree
Glue Dots and glue


The pumpkins go together quickly and easily.  I enlarged them to about 6 inches tall. I inked all the edges with orange ink. I added the dark orange leaf ribbon to the bottom edge of the top half of the pumpkin using a combination of glue and small glue dots.

For the top of the pumpkin, I first attached the stem using glue and a large glue dot. Then I inked and shaped the leaves, and glued them down around the stem. I tied a bow around the stem using about a foot each of orange and green twine. The last step was adding the vines.  These were made from green lanyard.


I wrapped the lanyard snugly around a pen and taped the end in place. I then left it in front of a heat source for a few minutes. (I put mine in front of a portable heater.) After it cooled, I unwrapped it and cut it into lengths about 4 to 5 inches long. Using small glue dots, I attached one end behind the stem.

And then this is the finished Fall Pumpkin Box! These will be used for Halloween treat boxes for my granddaughters.
These were so quick and easy to make! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Happy crafting!

Shirley


No comments:

Post a Comment