Thursday, October 11, 2018

Native American Dream Catcher




Hi my crafty friends!
Today I am sharing a little dream catcher featuring the image, "Mixed Media Native American digi stamp" by Little Blue Button Stamps, which you can find here:  http://lbbstamps.com/product/mix-media-native-american-digi-stamp/

I started with two circles 5.5 inches and 7.5 inches in diameter. (I cut mine from a Ziploc lid and a frozen dinner tray.)


Using Canon Americana yarn, I single crocheted around each hoop keeping the stitches close together and straight across the top.




I then sewed the two hoops together, as shown, being careful to maintain an equal distance between the hoops, all the way around. The stitches are about one inch apart.


I printed the image on a 5 .5 inch circle using design space and my Cricut Maker. I colored the image with Prismacolor Pencils then glued the circle to the back of the smaller circle. 


I cut eight sets of three strands of yarn, cut 15 inches long and folded in half. I attached these groups to the back of the bottom of the larger hoop using bolin knots. Then I braided each group and tied the ends with an overhand knot. Finally, I added paper feathers and beads to the sides and bottom of the larger hoop. The feathers were taken from a free dream catcher svg from Caluya Design. It can be found here:
  https://caluyadesign.com/free-dream-catcher-svg/


I hope you liked my dream catcher.
Thanks for stopping by!

Shirley

No comments:

Post a Comment