Thursday, November 29, 2018

Snowflake Ornament






Hi! Today I am sharing an ornament I made using a tag and a snowflake from My Scrap Chick.

I used my ornaments on our Christmas tree, but you could use them for package decorations or in your windows.

Here are the images I used.
Ornament Gift Tag: click to enlargeSnowflake Layers: click to enlarge          


MATERIALS

Snowflake Layers  and Ornament Gift Tag from My Scrap Chick
Dark red cardstock (Recollections)
Glossy white cardstock ( Stampin Up)
Silver pearlescent cardstock (Recollections)
Foam tape and dots
Zig fine tip glue pen and liquid glue
Red gems
Silver ribbon

Each ornament is five inches tall with a 2 3/4 inch snowflake in the middle. Each ornament is assembled on a 2 inch pentagon. For each ornament you will need five tags, a total of ten white decorative layers and one snowflake, along with the pentagon. 


Fold the ornaments in half and add a white filigree layer to the outside and inside of each ornament. I used the fine tipped Zig glue pen for this.


Glue  the ornaments to each side of the pentagon with about 3/8 inch overlapping  as shown.


Assemble and attach the snowflake to the center using foam tape. Add a red gem to the center of the snowflake.


Separate the layers to give the ornament dimension. Use small foam dots up near the fold if need be. Use a foam dot between the layers at the  tip to hold that section closed. Run a hanging ribbon through.


I love how these ornaments turned out! Why not give them a try. 
Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what you think.

Happy holiday crafting! 

Shirley

6 comments: