Friday, October 23, 2015

Scarecrow Girl Harvest Treat Box





Today I am sharing a quick, easy project I whipped up in one afternoon. It's a perfect way to present those Halloween treats to a special someone or use it as a way to present a hostess gift for Thanksgiving. For this project you will need the following supplies:

Materials List

Scarecrow Girl Harvest Treat Box pattern from My Scrap Chick

The following papers from Doodlebug Paper Inc.
Broomsticks from Ghouls and Goodies
Midnight Magic from Ghouls and Goodies
Woodland Berries from Friendly Forest
Fall Forest from Friendly Forest
Forest Friends from Friendly Forest
Flock of Friends from Friendly Forest
Campground Critters from Happy Camper

Cardstock in flesh,  and scraps of green, pink and brown

Glue, tape runner, glue dots, pop dots and double stick tape

Purple buttons, two - 1/4 inch, and two - 1/2 inch

twine

Colorbox inks in colors to match papers

.001 black pen


I cut the box out at the size indicated in it's title, and put it together according to the directions, using double stick tape. I traced the shirt onto the mushroom and flowers print ( Campground Critters) and cut it out. After I cut out all the pieces at the size indicated in the pattern, I inked them all in coordinating colors and assembled the scarecrow using glue, tape runner and pop dots for dimension. I gave the scarecrow two 1/2 inch button eyes and two 1/4 inch shirt buttons. I added stitch lines around the nose with a black pen.  I then wrapped twine twice around each wrist and around the neck, then tied the twine into a bow,  I wrapped the twine three times around the box and tied it on the left side. As a final touch I cut out by hand a pumpkin for the front of the box . 

This was such a quick easy project that looks great. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend! ~ Shirley

2 comments: